Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My Third Birthday Without You, Babe




April 2, 2014

Dear Bret, 

It's funny how you remember very specific memories. Even though I spent every single one of my birthdays with you for the nearly thirty years we were together, the ones I can bring back most vividly are the first and the last. Although we went to dinners, parties, movies, vacations, and lots of other cool places on April 2 (And you always told me I should have been an April Fool's baby, instead of an Easter baby.), I will never forget when you pulled that engagement ring out of your pocket and asked me to marry you on my 21st birthday. Then, on my 50th, you took me for a ride on the 1800 VTX to the Getty to visit it for the first time, because you knew how much I loved art museums. Thank you for making every birthday count, and for making all of them so special. When we were together, there was no place else either one of us would rather have been. I will always love you.

Yours,


Lady
,


No comments:

Post a Comment